PURESEOUL'S 10 STEP KOREAN SKINCARE ROUTINE - THE ESSENTIALS
Our ultimate guide to the famous 10-step skincare routine! These our some of our personal favourites, you can shop the collection HERE
STEP 1 - TAKE OFF YOUR EYE MAKEUP
Relying on a cleanser to remove your 2-day old waterproof mascara is a recipe for disaster!
Here at PURESEOUL, we like to use a gentle eye makeup remover like the ETUDE HOUSE Cicapair Lip and Eye Remover, to make sure your lashes and lids get the love and care they deserve. This product works wonders on stubborn lipstick too!
STEP 2 - THE BELOVED DOUBLE CLEANSE
Something Korean girls can’t live without, the double cleanse. It sounds complicated but to put it simply, use an oil or a balm cleanser to remove oil-based impurities like sebum, SPF and makeup. Followed by a foam cleanser to remove daily buildup like dirt and sweat!
cleanse. This dream team duo will have you cleansing like a true Korean beauty.
CLICK HERE to see our full range of Cleansers.
* Do this before bed to remove all the build-up from throughout the day, it’s not necessary for the morning. Instead, you can quickly sweep over your face with gentle cleansing water like the Refresh Water from HEIMISH.
STEP 3 - EXFOLIATOR
This step is not for daily use, we recommend a gentle exfoliation between 2 and 3 times a week for normal skin, but this can vary depending on your personal skin needs.
We love using chemical exfoliators like the K-Beauty cult classic One Step Original Clear Pads from COSRX. For those of you who love a physical scrub, try out the Rice Mask Wash Off from SKINFOOD!
CLICK HERE to see our full range of Exfoliators.
STEP 4 - TONER
Toners are an essential part of any skincare routine. They are responsible for creating a clean and absorbent base and help to remove any traces of cleanser from your skin.
* Do this step both in the morning and the evening after cleansing/refreshing, always before a treatment product!
STEP 5 - ESSENCE
A lightweight watery moisturiser with toning properties, this is the secret step for those of you chasing a dewy glow or the ultimate K-Beauty “glass skin” look!
The essence is not essential depending on your skins unique needs, but we highly recommend it if you have dry or dull skin as it adds an extra layer of hydration and preps your skin before a more intense moisturiser.
* Use this in the evening with your fingers (not a cotton pad) to press or pat it into your skin. This is a great step to incorporate a facial massage with as you can use gentle circular motions to increase circulation.
STEP 6 - SERUM AND AMPOULE
These guys are what gives K-Beauty it’s beaming reputation! This is the part where you choose a juicy treatment product to target a specific skin concern. From fine lines and wrinkles to dullness and pigmentation, there’s nothing a serum can’t fix.
Try starting with the holy grail status, Time Revolution - Night Repair Pro-Bio Ampoule from MISSHA for an all-round anti-ageing, hydrating ampoule, which is packed full of fermented probiotics, making it a personal favourite of ours.
CLICK HERE to see our full range of Serums
* Do this step in the evening before bed so the treatment can work its magic whilst you sleep!
STEP 7 - SHEET MASK
This is our favourite part and arguably the most famous step of the Korean skincare routine!
A chill-out essential for any bedroom spa day, you won’t run out of brands and types to try as there’s a sheet mask for everything and anything!
Our favourites are the My Real Squeeze masks from INNISFREE as they are lightweight, and packed full of nutritious ingredients with a type for every mood and concern.
CLICK HERE to see our full range of over 70+ sheet masks!
* You can use masks as often or as little as you like, it depends on you and what your skin needs. We definitely recommend bringing these in your travel luggage as they are the saviours of the dreaded “in-flight dryness”.
STEP 8 - EYE CREAM
Your eyes are surrounded by delicate skin that often needs extra love and care.
This area is much more prone to wrinkles and fine lines so eye cream is a very important step in maintaining youthful bouncy under eyes.
Try this Jeju Orchid Eye Cream from INNISFREE that’s packed with anti-ageing ingredients, and has a unique velvety formula that strengthens the skin.
CLICK HERE to see our full range of Eye Creams and treatments
* In the evening, apply an eye cream with your ring finger and dab gently to avoid pulling at the skin.
STEP 9 - MOISTURISER
Think of a moisturiser as the final seal in protecting all your hard work!
Coming in many forms such as a cream, gel, or facial oil, our go-to is the Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream from TONYMOLY as it’s not too heavy, and after a full routine of some crazy hydration-layering, thin cream is all you need to finish up.
CLICK HERE to see our full range of Moisturisers.
* Do this in the morning and at night, but it’s always dependant on your skin type and how it feels in the moment. Those of you with oily skin might want to skip either the essence step or moisturising.
STEP 10 - SUNSCREEN
This step is THE MOST IMPORTANT! Sunscreen has been really under-stressed in the west and a lot of people are still unaware of how necessary it is. Sun damage is the main cause of ageing that can lead to hyperpigmentation, sunspots and fine lines. Sunscreen should always be a part of your morning routine, even if you are a full-on vampire with a UV umbrella, no one is safe from the sun!
CLICK HERE to view our full range of Sunscreens
Like what you see here? You can shop the entire curated collection HERE